Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Turning Japanese I Think I'm Turning Japanese I Really Think So

Classic Teriyaki Chicken with Indonesian Sticky Rice

The chicken recipe is from an issue of "Food and Wine" Magazine.  The best site I found for instructions as to how to steam the sticky rice was actually on a Livestrong site.  I own a steamer, so instead of placing the cheesecloth-shrouded rice over a pot of boiling water, I used it.

The wine we chose was a Chardonnay named "Sorelle per Sempre (Sisters Forever)" - an un-oaked Chardonnay from California.  We opened it yesterday - it was smooth, and actually had three distinct flavor profiles - a bit of butter at the front, crisp apple and pear in the middle, then a bit of a white pepper finish.  A day later - served with the sweet yet pungent teriyaki sauce - it was a bit acidic and "punchy".  But, I'd recommend it.

The biggest compliment - my daughter said, in her too-cool way, "Mom, this tastes like something from the Chinese restaurant or something."

Close...very close.

And, if you don't "get" the subject of this entry...click here.

1 comment:

  1. Suzanne-

    Glad you enjoyed the wine, I'm going to have to try that combination out this weekend...plus, great bonus of The Vapors at the end.

    ReplyDelete