Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leftovers Rock!

Along with the pledge to make food for my family - I also have started on my journey towards getting fit.  I'll blog more about this later...has to do with me turning 39...so I'll wait until closer to my birthday.

Anyhow - since I was going to try the 35 minute  "Jillian Michels Ripped Abs in 6 Weeks" DVD for the first time, after a long day of school, I needed something easy for dinner.  We had plenty of the Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Tuscan Beef Stew that I blogged about last week - but it was heavy on broth, not as heavy on "the goods".  So, I simply boiled it down for an hour.  By then, it got almost to the consistency of the "Red Beans" portion of "Red Beans and Rice".  So that's how I served it - over brown rice.  It was quite yummy, especially after adding a bit of Country Bob's sauce, and some hot sauce to boot.

And, of course, part of my meal included the two "Aleve" needed to stop the quivering and aching of my muscles after Ms. Michels got to me...I thought the soreness wouldn't settle in until the next day.  Silly me, indeed.

Speaking of leftovers - I'm typing this while I enjoy my lunch, which is leftover salad from this meal, and leftover Fried Rice from this meal.  I have to say, while the lettuce left a bit to be desired in its wilted state, the rice is actually better today!

Tonight..."Smoky Chipotle Cassoulet"...

No comments:

Post a Comment