Tuesday, September 4, 2012

She drives me crazy...

Or, more specifically, she's driving. My baby - behind the wheel - all by herself!

We visited the local DMV, and found that one of the blessings of a small town is not having to dedicate a day to any interaction with that governmental agency - we hit at a good time, got in and out in 20 minutes.

But, even so, I needed to whip up a celebration meal in short order - so this was my choice.

Tonight's yumminess:




Angel Hair Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

The "busy girl" shortcut - instead of roasting and removing the skin of the peppers myself, I used a jar of roasted red peppers, found at your local megamart, near the pickles. Also, I didn't add any additional olive oil, because the roasted red peppers came marinated in olive oil, and when I food processed them, they had the desired consistency as-is.

Another shortcut - the cheese on top is shredded Italian cheese blend, found in a tub in the dairy department of (you guessed it) your local megamart.

Oh yeah - I served garlic toast too! My garlic toast is just that, Italian bread, toasted under the broiler, and after one side is browned, I rub a raw clove of garlic on the toast. It's surprising how much flavor the garlic gives the bread, with no additional oil or butter.

This was a very simple, 15 minute meal that tastes as fancy as a foo-foo specialty dish at an Italian restaurant. The pesto would be great on grilled chicken as well - so I'm looking forward to trying that tweak very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment