Friday, May 18, 2012

Mysteries of the Frozen Box

Yesterday was a darn good day.

As you may have read, it started out poorly...having consigned myself to dropping at least a grand on a new refrigerator, and kissing any hope of a vacation goodbye.

However, the nice people at the Appliance + Store here in Olney saved me $900. It turned out that this little guy was the culprit:




Indeed, this is a sensor that tells the fridge when to defrost. It died, so the fridge built up quite a bit of frost in places we couldn't see. The frost then obscured the air flow vents that circulate air from the freezer to the refrigerator compartment, which is why the freezer basically still worked, while the fridge blinked out.

The nice gentleman from Appliance + was very quick to diagnose the problem, just as quick to fix it, pleasant, and didn't even humiliate me for the sad state of my kitchen. And - it cost $101.00 to fix!!! I was thrilled.

And, as long as I seem to be on a kick of praising local businesses, I certainly want to praise Appliance +!!! They also sell appliances, and could have made a lot more money selling us a fridge than fixing this one. But - their honest, efficient service made me incredibly happy, and even though it may be more expensive to buy my next appliance from them than at a big box hardware/appliance store in Vincennes - I will give Appliance + first dibs.

(Are you listening, Olney?)

This weekend will be filled with the musical delights of playing with the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra, so perhaps I can share some of the yummies we encounter there. I also have a music-related blog, "Tales From the Music Room", that is long overdue for an update. Time away from the crazy-busy schedule of teaching/performing/organizing/counseling/etc. is allowing me to do some things I want to do. Blogging is one of them.

And if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go get a glass of water...chilled nicely from my fully functional fridge!


Location:W Gassmann St,Olney,United States

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you didn't have to plunk all that money down just yet!

    ReplyDelete