Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mmmmmm....porky goodness




Father's Day deserves a special food offering, don't you think? I saw this recipe in an email from Food and Wine magazine, and had to try it out! A real man deserves a real meaty treat for his day - this fit the bill.

Honey Baby Back Ribs with Whiskey Marinade

These were so easy to make. I put them in their yummy whiskey bath yesterday, and let them marinate for a day. Then, I put them in the oven before we left for church. Two hours later, after we were appropriately "churched up", as Cab Calloway would say, they were mostly done - all I had to do was glaze them, make the dipping sauce and make the side dishes.

We don't have a functional grill, so I used our broiler instead. If I make this again - which I probably will - I will be patient and let them carmelize a bit more, for that yummy, sweet-yet-slightly-burnt flavor.

Also, the dipping sauce is very thin, pungent and acidic - not a thick sauce as you BBQ aficionados may be used to, but more of a contrast than a compliment. My hubby and I liked it, our daughter didn't.

And - they're so pretty, aren't they? I would be tempted to make these to entertain guests - with some fancy sides, of course.

So - Happy Father's Day to my honey, and all of the other wonderful men who have served as role models, made the sacrifices, and just do what great Dads do everyday. Thank you all...and to the families that love them - make these ribs and show them some whiskey-honey love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment