Monday, February 13, 2012

Sue's Gettin' Her Groove Back.

Not quite in the same fashion that Stella found hers...but the groove I'm missing is in the kitchen, not elsewhere in the home.  ;-)

Check this out, ya'll:

Baby Back Crock-Pot Ribs!

I took so many liberties with the recipe I used, that I'm going to share what I actually did, rather than what the recipe told me to do.

2 1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
1/8 cup paprika
1/2 cup Emeril's Essence
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
6 tablespoons sugar
2 bottles of Guinness Beer
32 ounces of Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup honey

Cut the ribs into sections containing 3 ribs each.

Combine the paprika, Essence, kosher salt, and sugar in a large metal bowl.  Rub the mixture into the ribs, and grill them for about 3 minutes per side - until they have grill marks.  (I used a cast-iron grill pan, actually - and this rub burnt on to that pan like nobody's business.  Perhaps next time I'll line it with foil first.)

Put the seared ribs in the Crock-Pot, then pour the beer over them.  Cook on high for 2 hours.  

Combine the BBQ sauce and honey in a bowl, and then add to the Crock-Pot, and cook on high for another hour and a half.

Serve over mashed potatoes.

There was a WHOLE LOT of juice left over, which we put in a container and plan to reduce down into a Guinness BBQ sauce at some point.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.  I could quite possibly remember how to throw food on a table after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment